Carson Lynn is a digital artist and photographer based out of Los Angeles, CA.
His artwork serves as a commentary on the falsity of photorealism. A photograph is a recording of light, and whether the light has its basis in the physical world or virtual-existential space, it is easily manipulated and controlled.
Many of his projects involve utilizing photographic processes in unique ways. Some of the techniques he has employed include infrared scanning, photogrammetry, computer-generated imagery, and rephotography. However, many of the images have little or no manipulation done to them and only rely on the viewers preconceptions of photography.
Carson Lynn graduated from ArtCenter College of Design in 2015.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
EXHIBITIONS AND FAIRS
- Fotobok Festival Oslo 2017, Oslo, Norway
- Affordable Art Fair 2017, Eye Buy Art, New York, NY
- Foothills Art Center, Amuse Yeux, Golden, CO
- Affordable Art Fair 2016, Eye Buy Art, New York, NY
- Filter Photo Space, On The Shelf, Chicago, IL
- The Center for Fine Art Photography, Water, Fort Collins, CO
- Studio Channel Islands, The Next Big Thing, Camarillo, CA
- Photo Independent, Photo Book Booth, Los Angeles, CA
- PhotoLA, ArtCenter Booth, Los Angeles CA
- Featured Video Artists, Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles CA
- Top 40 Juried Competition, Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles CA
- New Impressions in American Letterpress, Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum, Two Rivers WI
- ArtCenter Gallery Summer 2015, ArtCenter College of Design Student Gallery, Pasadena CA
- Fractures, ArtCenter College of Design Fine Art Gallery, Pasadena CA
- Ello: Underscore - Selected Artists Zine
- Der Grief - Issue 10
- PDN - The Curator 2016: Landscape
- Not For Print - Issue 01: Censorship
- EVERYDAY Planner Zine - October 2016
- Ello Blog - Meet Carson Lynn
- POSTmatter - Selections
- Kill Screen - Article: "Photography Project Inspires a Videogame About Mountains"
- Parallax Collab - The Uncanny Valley
- Guide to Unique Photography (GUP) Magazine – Portfolio Showcase
- Phases Magazine - Week 14-2016
- Humble Arts Foundation New York - Winter Pictures (Group Show)
- Paper Journal – Project Feature
- Plantation Journal - The Plantation Collective Interview #21
- ArtCenter Photography and Imaging Gallery – Main Gallery and About Page
- Don’t Take Pictures - Roots and Branches (Group Show)
COPYRIGHT ©2017 CARSON LYNN